The Warhawk Academic Boosters are pleased to continue the Educator Grant Program and have designated $2000 each year with two $500 grants designated for each semester to assist teachers in funding projects that align with our mission to: Promote and support all areas of student achievement, improvement, innovation, creativity or service in recognition that all such areas have a positive impact on the overall learning environment at Westerville Central High School.
We want to be sure that every Central High School teacher is aware of our Teacher Grant Program and that every teacher has the opportunity to take advantage of it. We welcome any suggestions you may have.
Former grant awards have been given to:
- Ms. Kiko received funding to have several artists in the classroom.
- Mr. Nickel received funding to purchase incentives for his students.
- Ms. Smith hosted outside speaker presentations for a Cultural Studies class
- Ms. Tabor will be incorporating auditory Spanish listening stations, available for all levels of Spanish students.
- Ms. Amy Hamrick was awarded a grant which facilitated learning for ESL and special education students through the use of downloadable free e-books via MP3 players.
- Mrs. Hayes requested reading support materials via two class sets of books for the Honors Ecology course
- Mr. Ogle received incremental funding for an LCD projector for the social studies department
- Ms. Fullenkamp's funding request helped establish a new 8th grade mentoring program for next year's rising freshman class.
Additional awards have included a podium for Speech classes, SAT/ACT test prep materials, a kiln for the art department, special need student reading materials for the Media Center, a speaker series for the Language Arts and Cultural Studies classes and many other classroom and teaching resources.
Some key points to note:
- Please be as detailed as possible and note that the Application Packet is due in September. This application is for 1st semester projects only.
- Winner will be announced in October and funds will be available that date.
- You must be a member of Warhawk Academic Boosters ($5 staff membership) to be considered for a grant.
- If you are requesting funds from Academic Boosters and another group you must have all your monies received before we will release our funds.
- If you have any questions please contact Ali Price by email: email@example.com
We are excited to be offering this program to you – the teachers. We think it is a great way to use our hard earned funds to reach all the students at Westerville Central.